Skip to main content

When you know you can’t He will show you that He can!



 
Have you ever been a situation that felt like there was no way out of? The thing about these situations is that once they hit they don’t stop getting worse. Also, when one thing goes bad everything seems to go bad on that same day..or so we think. This is to encourage you folks! There is a biblical truth I have learnt about such situations recently. 

One faithful day I decided to pay my phone bill from a school computer (I never do that ever it’s just I was in school and I wasn’t going home soon so I had to pay it before I forgot). I use my Visa to pay and when I thought I finished paying the computer tells me it didn’t go through. So I went through the entire process 3 times. Before I tried it one last time I decided to call my credit card company; and according to them all 3 transactions went through and have been deducted from my account. You can imagine my shock! I immediately call my phone company and they tell me otherwise; so they haven’t received any sort of payment. That was when I realized that the situation wasn’t going to get any better. It is a long story but to cut it short it landed me in a very messy situation. It got to the point where I was $120 out not to mention my credit card got cancelled and the only way I was to re-activate it was to deposit $500 and show 2 pieces of Canadian Government issued ID. Where to start, I am an international student; meaning I don’t even have 1 piece of Canadian ID ( I had my student ID but that didn’t qualify as Government issued ID). Naturally, my response to such stressful situations was to ball out, I cried to my DG leader (Discipleship Leader). She prayed for me and I went about trying to find a means to end this fiasco! The thing is it got to a point where I couldn’t do anything more to solve the situation. That is when I surrendered my situation to the lord,I gave it all up. Then a huge sense of rest and peace filled me and I thought to myself why didn’t I think of this before :) ? I had midterms coming up that week so I stopped dwelling on my situation and resumed my studies. The next day I was at the library reading for one of my courses when I received a call from a manager of my bank. The conversation went like this:
Magager: “Hi this is ..( I forgot the manager’s name..ma bad :) ), I am a Manager of CIBC Bank Wesdale Branch. Is this Rodas Fisseha Asres?”
Me: “Yes, this is she”
Manager: “Well Rodas I have good news for you!”
I was excited just at the sound of that, I didn’t even know what it was but I just got excited!
She went on saying :” I wrote a letter of recommendation to the credit company saying you are one of our valued customers  and that you have been with the bank for the last two and half years”
Me: “uhmm...”
Manager: “so they re-activated your credit card and you just need to come in to the branch to validate this”
Me: “Thank you so much!!! (I might have said God bless you not sure though)” I was choking back tears just to save my reputation from getting shattered! But at that moment I knew no one else but God could have done this. This lady does not know me, when I say she doesn’t know me I mean she has never seen me, ever!! Yet she boldly recommended me to the credit company. Few days later my $120 got credited back into my account and all was back to normal! But there was nothing normal about that situation it was supernatural if you ask me! Let me tie this back to a biblical truth.

Lazarus was a person very dear to the Lord’s heart (the brother of Martha and Mary). The Lord, Jesus, received a message about His dear friend being sick and about to die. By the time Jesus got to where the sisters where, Lazarus had died and it had been four days. If you know the story or are reading it now, the sisters called Jesus to their town to heal Lazarus. So you can imagine there disappointment when He came after Lazarus passed away. But Jesus had bigger plans for him; He raised him from the dead! Jesus said in John 11:4“This sickness will not end in death. No, it is for God’s glory so that God’s Son may be glorified through it.”

My point is this: when you are in a situation that has no human solution give it up to the Living God! When you do He will be glorified, why? Because it was humanly impossible, that situation was dead in your sight but in His it was just taking a nap!!! I pray you are encouraged by this because this actually happened to me and it made me realize God works more when we stop trying to make it on our own!

Notes:
·                So when your situation is beyond your control know to leave it in the Able hands of our GOD!
·                Situations like these, though they might be very stressful, will defiantly grow your faith!
·               Most importantly these situations become your testimonies and our God will be glorified 

 P.S : Sorry for such a long one this time but trust me it could have been longer :D
Stay Blessed <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon by Jentezen Franklin: Refuse to Pretend

Be a Contender not a Pretender!  1) The time Jacob labored to get Rachel was nothing to him because of how much he loved her. Similarly when you love God all the sacrifices you make are nothing..if you truly love Him that is! "So Jacob served seven years to get Rachel, but they seemed like only a few days to him because of his love for her." Genesis 29:20 Rachel is his first Love..She is representation of Jesus and His Love where as Leah is the  substitute ..not the real one. Rachel is the one where as Leah is the second option..not the best! Leah is Religion where as Rachel is Relationship with Christ Leah is Survival where as Rachel is Revival 2) Do not be Pretenders but Contenders "Dear friends,  although I was very eager to write to you about the salvation we share,  I felt compelled to write and urge you to contend  for the faith  that was once for all entrusted to God’s holy people."Jude 1:3 Do not be like people who come to church

Video of the Week : Holding on to You

"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful." Hebrews 10:23  Teach me until I am broken no more, feed me until am hungry no more! I am Holding on to You!! Today I encourage you to hold on to Him, the Faithful one who won't let go of you even if you let go of Him! Hold on to the one who has you in His hands, to the one who numbered every stand of hair and all of your days!! I have seen His miracles in times of my storm by just choosing to Hold on to Him!!! Stay Blessed<3

Sermon by Jentezen Franklin: The Way of the Eagle

God will Fly Faster than you will fall..Then He will catch you! Qualities of an Eagle..we should have these things as Christians 1) An Eagle has Great Vision: It is easy to get lost without a vision 2)  An Eagle feasts only on Living things: We are alive in Christ, we do not need the dead things of our past 3) An Eagle is Faithful : We should be faithful in our relationship with our mates, friends, families and most of all in our relationship with God! When Does an Eagle Soar to the sky with its eyes set on the sun? 1) When a storm is approaching The Eagle sets its eyes on the heaven above as a storm approaches. We need to set our Gaze on Christ when storms come our way. "Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things." Colossians 3:2 2) When its enemy approaches The Condor is Eagle's enemy and it knows the only way it can win is if the Eagle stays down (when the Eagle doesn't soar to the sky) The only way our enemy will win u