Skip to main content

When the Music Stops...

Hey Friends, I am trying to honour my commitment to make at least one blog post a month, so here goes July. That being said, please know that I am not posting for the sake of posting. I am trying to cultivate an active listening skill when it comes to each topic I share i.e. I will not post until I am convinced I heard from my heavenly daddy. I hope this is one speaks to you. :)  

When the Music Stops...



This marks the first time I talk about my hubby-to-be on this blog. This man is a Gem! He is a true worshipper, a man after God's heart. He also happens to be an anointed worship leader :) I am not saying that because I love him, I promise. The reason I bring him up though is because one of the very many conversations we have had about music is a good illustration to the point I will make later in this post. He mentioned that  it is common practice amongst some parents to hide their kids' musical instruments closer to exam seasons in the hopes of helping them focus on their studies. What struck me the most however is this comment he made: "But to me it doesn't matter if I had instruments or not, I could make music in my head!" So profound isn't it? I told you he was anointed :) 

Today, I had worship music playing in the background and I was singing along. As I got to the second and third songs I noticed I was picking songs that were very "worshipy" and "conducive to the move of the Holy Spirit"! Mid-thought, the Holy Spirit stopped me..."What happens when the music stops? Are you not able to sit before me and just worship?" I felt so convicted and stopped singing.

Please know that I am not saying worship music is bad, by no means. Worship music, in fact the whole ministry is amazing. However, it can become a hindrance to sincere worship instead of being a vehicle that ushers us to His presence. One of the instances in which it can stop being worship is when we correlate the move of God with certain types of music, instruments, or even a specific worship leader. 

Like my lovely man so eloquently pointed out, the music should be in our heads. What that means is that we need to have an attitude of praise and worship with or without music. It means that we should be able to sit in silence and still be in awe of who our heavenly father is! We need to be in a position of being aware of who it is we are singing these songs to because that knowing in itself is sufficient to bring us to our knees. 

In that same train of thought, I am reminded of the fact that we need to be in a place of maturity where our external experiences and circumstances don't tint the image we have of Him. Because when the music stops, when things stop being rosy, when trials hit, we need to be able to stand our ground and declare His goodness! We need to be able to look at our trials and say what Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego said 16 Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego replied to him, “King Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you in this matter. 17 If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to deliver us from it, and he will deliver us[a] from Your Majesty’s hand. 18 But even if he does not, we want you to know, Your Majesty, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up.” Daniel 3:16-18

We need to be people that declare: "17 Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, 18 I will be joyful in God my Savior. 19 The Sovereign Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to trad on the heights. For the Director of Music. on my stringed instruments." Habakkuk 3:17-19

If you are in a difficult season, I am right there with you! But even in the midst of our trials, I pray that both you and I are able to learn to be people that rejoice in the Lord, always. I pray that we would be people that are convinced of His goodness no matter what comes our way. I also pray that we would be able to withstand the stormy seasons by the music inside our heads! The music being the unshakable truth, the inner conviction that doesn't require external motivation, and the deep knowing of His unchanging and unfailing faithfulness! 



Stay Blessed<3



Comments

  1. Wow, I know it was God, that I stumbled onto your site today. ❤️

    I really needed to read, this post. The music �� ,and everything stopped for me on 12/23/13. Our baby girl, lost her disguise. That angel, had to fly home. But, our hearts, still mending daily, by the Grace of God. Thank you, for sharing this heart, of heaven. ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ Elea, I am, by His Grace. Though, have been called many names. Nice to meet you. ❤️ �� ����������

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katherine,

      I apologize for the delay in replying to your comment. I am so glad that God used this post to touch you. I love how He knows what we need when we need it. Glory to Him! :)

      I can only imagine how difficult it can be to lose your baby. May God continue to give you strength to push through the heavy clouds. May He continue to give you peace and joy that surpasses understanding.

      Stay Blessed dear <3 <3 <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon by Jentezen Franklin: Refuse to Pretend

Be a Contender not a Pretender!  1) The time Jacob labored to get Rachel was nothing to him because of how much he loved her. Similarly when you love God all the sacrifices you make are nothing..if you truly love Him that is! "So Jacob served seven years to get Rachel, but they seemed like only a few days to him because of his love for her." Genesis 29:20 Rachel is his first Love..She is representation of Jesus and His Love where as Leah is the  substitute ..not the real one. Rachel is the one where as Leah is the second option..not the best! Leah is Religion where as Rachel is Relationship with Christ Leah is Survival where as Rachel is Revival 2) Do not be Pretenders but Contenders "Dear friends,  although I was very eager to write to you about the salvation we share,  I felt compelled to write and urge you to contend  for the faith  that was once for all entrusted to God’s holy people."Jude 1:3 Do not be like people who come to church

Video of the Week : Holding on to You

"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful." Hebrews 10:23  Teach me until I am broken no more, feed me until am hungry no more! I am Holding on to You!! Today I encourage you to hold on to Him, the Faithful one who won't let go of you even if you let go of Him! Hold on to the one who has you in His hands, to the one who numbered every stand of hair and all of your days!! I have seen His miracles in times of my storm by just choosing to Hold on to Him!!! Stay Blessed<3

Sermon by Jentezen Franklin: The Way of the Eagle

God will Fly Faster than you will fall..Then He will catch you! Qualities of an Eagle..we should have these things as Christians 1) An Eagle has Great Vision: It is easy to get lost without a vision 2)  An Eagle feasts only on Living things: We are alive in Christ, we do not need the dead things of our past 3) An Eagle is Faithful : We should be faithful in our relationship with our mates, friends, families and most of all in our relationship with God! When Does an Eagle Soar to the sky with its eyes set on the sun? 1) When a storm is approaching The Eagle sets its eyes on the heaven above as a storm approaches. We need to set our Gaze on Christ when storms come our way. "Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things." Colossians 3:2 2) When its enemy approaches The Condor is Eagle's enemy and it knows the only way it can win is if the Eagle stays down (when the Eagle doesn't soar to the sky) The only way our enemy will win u