Skip to main content

Change!!!



Have you ever met a person who is so hooked on to their routine based life? A person who lacks a bit of spontaneity? Lol, well if you haven’t before, nice to meet you my name is Rodas. I am a person who likes, let me just say loves to describe the intensity of the matter, a plane old routine based life.  The reason I like a routine life or a consistent life style is because I can almost anticipate everything that I will be doing and that is something I am comfortable with. The opposite of that is change! Man!! I am not a big fan of change.  Guess who knows that I don’t like change, my one and only father in Heaven. God knows unless He brings life changes in my direction I would not go out to look for it. Praise the Lord because He knows what I need more than I do.

Whenever I think change, specifically life style change, I think of Paul the apostle. Paul in order to explain who he was before encountering Christ said, 3 “I am a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city. I studied under Gamaliel and was thoroughly trained in the law of our ancestors. I was just as zealous for God as any of you are today. 4 I persecuted the followers of this Way to their death, arresting both men and women and throwing them into prison, 5 as the high priest and all the Council can themselves testify. I even obtained letters from them to their associates in Damascus, and went there to bring these people as prisoners to Jerusalem to be punished.” Acts 22:3-5.  But, on his way to Damascus something happened to change his life style, Jesus spoke to him (Read the entire chapter it is pretty interesting). Then after, Paul became a believer, not just a believer but a person who preached Christ. Mind you he is the same person who used to persecute believers! Though he was zealous for God he went about it the wrong way! Hence, this life style change was very needed for his spiritual growth.

The biggest change in my life was obviously moving to Canada! Then joining a university, then living in residence (dorms) then followed moving out into rented houses. Then came working alongside schooling. All of these things, one way or another, have helped me grow both spiritually and in earthly knowledge. God knew all these things were things I needed to go through to see His unending grace, sufficient provision, and helping right hand.  Now, I have a different outlook on change, I see it as an opportunity for growth in my faith. I see new dimensions of faith as I face things I have never faced before. “Put on your new nature, and be renewed as you learn to know your Creator and become like him.” Colossians 3:10. So, when ever change comes your way don’t fear it, instead accept it and even appreciate it as our father in heaven is yet to do amazing works in our lives.  

Notes
  • The changes God brings to your lives are intended to grow you not harm you
  • You are in safe hands so trust Him, He knows what is best for you!


Stay Blessed<3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just Jaded!

I hope you and your loved ones are safe in these crazy times. If any tragedy has come to your home, I pray God's peace and love envelops you right where you are. I pray that you rely on His unending love, mercy, grace, and strength in this time of hardship... I am, like most people, feeling very jaded. I have experienced more highs and lows in such intense frequencies now than any other time I can remember. I believe this is why the Lord has me sharing this... I had planned to write about loving people and what it looks like in different seasons. However, I felt a nudge that I should be sharing about the hope I have despite feeling jaded. To make sure we are on the same page about what I mean when I say jaded, here are two definitions from Merriam Webster's dictionary:  1: fatigued by overwork: EXHAUSTED  2: made dull, apathetic, or cynical by experience or by having or seeing too much of something I can identify with both definitions. In this season, I fin...

Sermon by Jentezen Franklin: The Way of the Eagle

God will Fly Faster than you will fall..Then He will catch you! Qualities of an Eagle..we should have these things as Christians 1) An Eagle has Great Vision: It is easy to get lost without a vision 2)  An Eagle feasts only on Living things: We are alive in Christ, we do not need the dead things of our past 3) An Eagle is Faithful : We should be faithful in our relationship with our mates, friends, families and most of all in our relationship with God! When Does an Eagle Soar to the sky with its eyes set on the sun? 1) When a storm is approaching The Eagle sets its eyes on the heaven above as a storm approaches. We need to set our Gaze on Christ when storms come our way. "Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things." Colossians 3:2 2) When its enemy approaches The Condor is Eagle's enemy and it knows the only way it can win is if the Eagle stays down (when the Eagle doesn't soar to the sky) The only way our enemy will win u...

Sermon by Jentezen Franklin: The Power of Doing More than Expected

Even Jesus went a little farther...He did more than expected! Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.” Matthew 26:39 1) Jacob was working for his unfair father-in-law...and still did more than expected   Genesis 29 Jacob was tricked by his father-in-law Laban. But he never sinned against Laban and he always did more than what was expected from him! 2) Who did Jacob learn it from..doing more than expected? From his mother Rebekah "17  The servant hurried to meet her and said, “Please give me a little water from your jar.” 18  “Drink, my lord,” she said, and quickly lowered the jar to her hands and gave him a drink. 19  After she had given him a drink, she said, “I’ll draw water for your camels too, until they have had enough to drink.” 20  So she quickly emptied her jar into the trough, ran back to the we...