Skip to main content

Just Jaded!

I hope you and your loved ones are safe in these crazy times. If any tragedy has come to your home, I pray God's peace and love envelops you right where you are. I pray that you rely on His unending love, mercy, grace, and strength in this time of hardship...

I am, like most people, feeling very jaded. I have experienced more highs and lows in such intense frequencies now than any other time I can remember. I believe this is why the Lord has me sharing this...

I had planned to write about loving people and what it looks like in different seasons. However, I felt a nudge that I should be sharing about the hope I have despite feeling jaded. To make sure we are on the same page about what I mean when I say jaded, here are two definitions from Merriam Webster's dictionary: 
1: fatigued by overwork: EXHAUSTED 
2: made dull, apathetic, or cynical by experience or by having or seeing too much of something

I can identify with both definitions. In this season, I find myself emotionally drained because of the heaviness of things around me. To start with the pandemic, to my pending wedding, to hearing about mass shootings, deaths, injustice, and today a flood in a city that's near to my heart has left me dry and worn-out. I have found myself feeling physically drained, spiritually dry, and emotionally empty. I find I have been far more easily irritated than ever before. In all of this, I started doing some self-reflection and asking myself why? Why do I feel this weary? Which led me on a self-discovery/re-discovery trip.

I am a huge advocate for self-reflection with the help of the Holy Spirit. I am very careful to search myself in light of the Word of God as opposed to a self-imposed standard. I consciously and intentionally allow God to do the searching and digging. I do this because self-reflection can only be good if you recognize your shortcomings alongside with a gentle reminder of your identity. Unfortunately, self-reflection on its own can only point out your flaws without a word of hope or encouragement. That is when and how the Holy Spirit rescues me. He reminds me that my emotions, my weakness, my shortcomings do not define me. He gives me hope that this too shall pass. The Holy Spirit reminds me that He is the great helper, counselor and that I am loved. That in itself is half the battle. Then what? Do I stay there?

Then, friends, you are to rely on His promises, to talk to and pray with loved ones near and far. What are some of His promises? Here are some verses that help and point me back to Him: 

 "28 Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.
29 He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. 30 Even youths grow tired and weary and young men stumble and fall; 31 but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."  Isaiah 40: 28 - 31

"28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

Another thing you might want to do is have loved ones pray with and for you in this season. You need a community! I thank God for my loving, caring, and Godly man along with my family & friends that keep me in their prayers. 

And lastly, here is a song from Elevation worship that so ministers to me: O Come to the Altar | Live

Please know that you are not alone in this season of feeling weary. There are so many people that love and care for you. More importantly, Jesus loves you and He is only one prayer away. 


Stay Blessed<3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon by Jentezen Franklin: Refuse to Pretend

Be a Contender not a Pretender!  1) The time Jacob labored to get Rachel was nothing to him because of how much he loved her. Similarly when you love God all the sacrifices you make are nothing..if you truly love Him that is! "So Jacob served seven years to get Rachel, but they seemed like only a few days to him because of his love for her." Genesis 29:20 Rachel is his first Love..She is representation of Jesus and His Love where as Leah is the  substitute ..not the real one. Rachel is the one where as Leah is the second option..not the best! Leah is Religion where as Rachel is Relationship with Christ Leah is Survival where as Rachel is Revival 2) Do not be Pretenders but Contenders "Dear friends,  although I was very eager to write to you about the salvation we share,  I felt compelled to write and urge you to contend  for the faith  that was once for all entrusted to God’s holy people."Jude 1:3 Do not be like people who come to church

Video of the Week : Holding on to You

"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful." Hebrews 10:23  Teach me until I am broken no more, feed me until am hungry no more! I am Holding on to You!! Today I encourage you to hold on to Him, the Faithful one who won't let go of you even if you let go of Him! Hold on to the one who has you in His hands, to the one who numbered every stand of hair and all of your days!! I have seen His miracles in times of my storm by just choosing to Hold on to Him!!! Stay Blessed<3

Sermon by Jentezen Franklin: The Way of the Eagle

God will Fly Faster than you will fall..Then He will catch you! Qualities of an Eagle..we should have these things as Christians 1) An Eagle has Great Vision: It is easy to get lost without a vision 2)  An Eagle feasts only on Living things: We are alive in Christ, we do not need the dead things of our past 3) An Eagle is Faithful : We should be faithful in our relationship with our mates, friends, families and most of all in our relationship with God! When Does an Eagle Soar to the sky with its eyes set on the sun? 1) When a storm is approaching The Eagle sets its eyes on the heaven above as a storm approaches. We need to set our Gaze on Christ when storms come our way. "Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things." Colossians 3:2 2) When its enemy approaches The Condor is Eagle's enemy and it knows the only way it can win is if the Eagle stays down (when the Eagle doesn't soar to the sky) The only way our enemy will win u