Skip to main content

Just Jaded!

I hope you and your loved ones are safe in these crazy times. If any tragedy has come to your home, I pray God's peace and love envelops you right where you are. I pray that you rely on His unending love, mercy, grace, and strength in this time of hardship...

I am, like most people, feeling very jaded. I have experienced more highs and lows in such intense frequencies now than any other time I can remember. I believe this is why the Lord has me sharing this...

I had planned to write about loving people and what it looks like in different seasons. However, I felt a nudge that I should be sharing about the hope I have despite feeling jaded. To make sure we are on the same page about what I mean when I say jaded, here are two definitions from Merriam Webster's dictionary: 
1: fatigued by overwork: EXHAUSTED 
2: made dull, apathetic, or cynical by experience or by having or seeing too much of something

I can identify with both definitions. In this season, I find myself emotionally drained because of the heaviness of things around me. To start with the pandemic, to my pending wedding, to hearing about mass shootings, deaths, injustice, and today a flood in a city that's near to my heart has left me dry and worn-out. I have found myself feeling physically drained, spiritually dry, and emotionally empty. I find I have been far more easily irritated than ever before. In all of this, I started doing some self-reflection and asking myself why? Why do I feel this weary? Which led me on a self-discovery/re-discovery trip.

I am a huge advocate for self-reflection with the help of the Holy Spirit. I am very careful to search myself in light of the Word of God as opposed to a self-imposed standard. I consciously and intentionally allow God to do the searching and digging. I do this because self-reflection can only be good if you recognize your shortcomings alongside with a gentle reminder of your identity. Unfortunately, self-reflection on its own can only point out your flaws without a word of hope or encouragement. That is when and how the Holy Spirit rescues me. He reminds me that my emotions, my weakness, my shortcomings do not define me. He gives me hope that this too shall pass. The Holy Spirit reminds me that He is the great helper, counselor and that I am loved. That in itself is half the battle. Then what? Do I stay there?

Then, friends, you are to rely on His promises, to talk to and pray with loved ones near and far. What are some of His promises? Here are some verses that help and point me back to Him: 

 "28 Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.
29 He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. 30 Even youths grow tired and weary and young men stumble and fall; 31 but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."  Isaiah 40: 28 - 31

"28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

Another thing you might want to do is have loved ones pray with and for you in this season. You need a community! I thank God for my loving, caring, and Godly man along with my family & friends that keep me in their prayers. 

And lastly, here is a song from Elevation worship that so ministers to me: O Come to the Altar | Live

Please know that you are not alone in this season of feeling weary. There are so many people that love and care for you. More importantly, Jesus loves you and He is only one prayer away. 


Stay Blessed<3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon by Jentezen Franklin: The Way of the Eagle

God will Fly Faster than you will fall..Then He will catch you! Qualities of an Eagle..we should have these things as Christians 1) An Eagle has Great Vision: It is easy to get lost without a vision 2)  An Eagle feasts only on Living things: We are alive in Christ, we do not need the dead things of our past 3) An Eagle is Faithful : We should be faithful in our relationship with our mates, friends, families and most of all in our relationship with God! When Does an Eagle Soar to the sky with its eyes set on the sun? 1) When a storm is approaching The Eagle sets its eyes on the heaven above as a storm approaches. We need to set our Gaze on Christ when storms come our way. "Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things." Colossians 3:2 2) When its enemy approaches The Condor is Eagle's enemy and it knows the only way it can win is if the Eagle stays down (when the Eagle doesn't soar to the sky) The only way our enemy will win u...

Sermon by Jentezen Franklin: The Power of Doing More than Expected

Even Jesus went a little farther...He did more than expected! Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.” Matthew 26:39 1) Jacob was working for his unfair father-in-law...and still did more than expected   Genesis 29 Jacob was tricked by his father-in-law Laban. But he never sinned against Laban and he always did more than what was expected from him! 2) Who did Jacob learn it from..doing more than expected? From his mother Rebekah "17  The servant hurried to meet her and said, “Please give me a little water from your jar.” 18  “Drink, my lord,” she said, and quickly lowered the jar to her hands and gave him a drink. 19  After she had given him a drink, she said, “I’ll draw water for your camels too, until they have had enough to drink.” 20  So she quickly emptied her jar into the trough, ran back to the we...