Skip to main content

True Religion!


For those of you who  go to school in Canada (Ontario to be specific, because am not sure how it is in other provinces) you will probably be nearing the end of your reading weeks (normally knows as spring/march break). But, our schools being the way they are, they give us a reading week. It is literally a reading week, for those who are actually productive, because the week after is usually filled with midterms and assignments. I wanted to be productive in a different city so I traveled  I know I am making it sound like I went somewhere far, nope just half an hour away.  I had an amazing time, and I did spend two days in the library, so it was fun and productive. However, nothing beats the lesson I learnt and the verse the Lord put on my heart during my reading week. I found out that one of my closest friends, whom I refer to as my cousin, sponsors a 6 year old girl. The little girl had mailed a hand written letter with her picture. In this she stated how because of my cousin’s support she can go to school and that she is doing her best to get good grades. What that letter did to me, only my heart, the Lord and the two that were with me can tell.

I had seen a picture saying James 1:27 movement on facebook.  James 1:27 is one of those verses that rang a bell but I wasn’t quite sure what it was. I used my bible on my phone to search for the verse and I found it, “Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.” James 1:27. I read it over and over again. I thought of the contrast in this world, how so many people are starving and others are very very very well off! I thought of the word religion. I thought of what people like myself can do to make a difference, people that are not well off but that are living very comfortably.

It can be done!! The lord put this on my heart, it can be done! We can start one dollar at a time, one person one step at a time. We can start a James 1:27 movements from within school, then a city then a country then we can have it worldwide. For change to come about, we need to start from our selves. What are some things we can give up, things that are very extravagant on our end? By reducing extravagance then we can keep some money aside, look for a humanitarian organization you trust. Then start Giving! God said for us to be followers of the True Religion, we need to feed His hungry children, comfort the widows, by being watchful of our own deeds and keeping ourselves pure in mind and heart. I strongly believe this would make God happy!

Notes:
  • We can do less of the things we don’t need and do more for those who need it!
  • We will please our father in heaven by being a helping hand
  • We can be Religious, For real, in truth!!

Stay Blessed<3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just Jaded!

I hope you and your loved ones are safe in these crazy times. If any tragedy has come to your home, I pray God's peace and love envelops you right where you are. I pray that you rely on His unending love, mercy, grace, and strength in this time of hardship... I am, like most people, feeling very jaded. I have experienced more highs and lows in such intense frequencies now than any other time I can remember. I believe this is why the Lord has me sharing this... I had planned to write about loving people and what it looks like in different seasons. However, I felt a nudge that I should be sharing about the hope I have despite feeling jaded. To make sure we are on the same page about what I mean when I say jaded, here are two definitions from Merriam Webster's dictionary:  1: fatigued by overwork: EXHAUSTED  2: made dull, apathetic, or cynical by experience or by having or seeing too much of something I can identify with both definitions. In this season, I fin...

Sermon by Jentezen Franklin: The Way of the Eagle

God will Fly Faster than you will fall..Then He will catch you! Qualities of an Eagle..we should have these things as Christians 1) An Eagle has Great Vision: It is easy to get lost without a vision 2)  An Eagle feasts only on Living things: We are alive in Christ, we do not need the dead things of our past 3) An Eagle is Faithful : We should be faithful in our relationship with our mates, friends, families and most of all in our relationship with God! When Does an Eagle Soar to the sky with its eyes set on the sun? 1) When a storm is approaching The Eagle sets its eyes on the heaven above as a storm approaches. We need to set our Gaze on Christ when storms come our way. "Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things." Colossians 3:2 2) When its enemy approaches The Condor is Eagle's enemy and it knows the only way it can win is if the Eagle stays down (when the Eagle doesn't soar to the sky) The only way our enemy will win u...

Sermon by Jentezen Franklin: The Power of Doing More than Expected

Even Jesus went a little farther...He did more than expected! Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.” Matthew 26:39 1) Jacob was working for his unfair father-in-law...and still did more than expected   Genesis 29 Jacob was tricked by his father-in-law Laban. But he never sinned against Laban and he always did more than what was expected from him! 2) Who did Jacob learn it from..doing more than expected? From his mother Rebekah "17  The servant hurried to meet her and said, “Please give me a little water from your jar.” 18  “Drink, my lord,” she said, and quickly lowered the jar to her hands and gave him a drink. 19  After she had given him a drink, she said, “I’ll draw water for your camels too, until they have had enough to drink.” 20  So she quickly emptied her jar into the trough, ran back to the we...