Skip to main content

Isn't Christ Enough?

Happy New Year friends! 

To be honest I really struggled to title this post so I decided to write the content then name it after. I am going to get right into the meat and potatoes of this post! :) 

One thing I am very passionate about is encouraging Unity in Christ. My specific passion is seeing people from various denominations coming under one roof because Christ is Enough! Because His love compels us to just, simply just, Love! 

These last few days I have been a bit grieved about a situation that I have been following for about 9 years.  There is an anointed worship singer from my country whom I have admired and thanked God for her ever since I first heard her music. She was in one denomination that accused her of being different when what she did was just truly worship the Lord as she saw fit! She fought to remain in the church despite the persecution that came from her people, her fellow believers. Until this one day, she officially moved out of that denomination. Once out of the denomination, she was/is continuously persecuted by the same people. They claim she has forsaken the same Lord she sang for since the beginning. What changed in her was only her cloth and the style of music but nothing of her love and devotion for the lord! 

This is a very real and current story I share with you. I am so grieved not because she HAD TO move to a different denomination but in the lack of understanding that Christ is one and the same! My heart breaks for people who box God in their churches, denominations, and/or comfortable zones! It really pains me to see that Unity in Christ means very little to a lot of people. It is sad that people have devalued the Capital C 'Church'. When Christ comes back for His Bride, He will not be coming for a denomination - He will be coming for His Church! 

In John 4, Christ Himself corrects the Samaritan woman by saying Jesus said to her, “Woman, believe me, the hour is coming when neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem will you worship the Father." John 4:21 What does this mean my friends? I believe this means God is looking for worshipers, people who are truly seeking His face! Dare we say from any denomination? That is exactly what it means!

I have written about denominational difference before, here is a LINK for it. But in this post, I want to remind us all of the Greatest Commission: "18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” 

In Short, there are 151,600 people that die each day (Source: World Birth and Death Rates, 2011). How much of our limited time on earth are we willing to spend bickering amongst ourselves? How much time will we choose to spend doing what Christ commissioned all of us to do? Isn't Christ Enough? Did He not die to reconcile us to the father and give us life in abundance? Or did He die to elevate one denomination over the other?

I request that we start to look at the person of Christ and ask the father to help us be more like Him every day. I ask that we deal with the planks in our own eyes before picking a straw from our neighbour's. Most importantly, I urge you to value the Unity we have in Christ! That we learn to glorify Christ more than our denominations! 

#SpreadtheWord #UnityInChrist #HeisEnough 

Stay Blessed<3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon by Jentezen Franklin: Refuse to Pretend

Be a Contender not a Pretender!  1) The time Jacob labored to get Rachel was nothing to him because of how much he loved her. Similarly when you love God all the sacrifices you make are nothing..if you truly love Him that is! "So Jacob served seven years to get Rachel, but they seemed like only a few days to him because of his love for her." Genesis 29:20 Rachel is his first Love..She is representation of Jesus and His Love where as Leah is the  substitute ..not the real one. Rachel is the one where as Leah is the second option..not the best! Leah is Religion where as Rachel is Relationship with Christ Leah is Survival where as Rachel is Revival 2) Do not be Pretenders but Contenders "Dear friends,  although I was very eager to write to you about the salvation we share,  I felt compelled to write and urge you to contend  for the faith  that was once for all entrusted to God’s holy people."Jude 1:3 Do not be like people who come to church

Video of the Week : Holding on to You

"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful." Hebrews 10:23  Teach me until I am broken no more, feed me until am hungry no more! I am Holding on to You!! Today I encourage you to hold on to Him, the Faithful one who won't let go of you even if you let go of Him! Hold on to the one who has you in His hands, to the one who numbered every stand of hair and all of your days!! I have seen His miracles in times of my storm by just choosing to Hold on to Him!!! Stay Blessed<3

Sermon by Jentezen Franklin: The Way of the Eagle

God will Fly Faster than you will fall..Then He will catch you! Qualities of an Eagle..we should have these things as Christians 1) An Eagle has Great Vision: It is easy to get lost without a vision 2)  An Eagle feasts only on Living things: We are alive in Christ, we do not need the dead things of our past 3) An Eagle is Faithful : We should be faithful in our relationship with our mates, friends, families and most of all in our relationship with God! When Does an Eagle Soar to the sky with its eyes set on the sun? 1) When a storm is approaching The Eagle sets its eyes on the heaven above as a storm approaches. We need to set our Gaze on Christ when storms come our way. "Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things." Colossians 3:2 2) When its enemy approaches The Condor is Eagle's enemy and it knows the only way it can win is if the Eagle stays down (when the Eagle doesn't soar to the sky) The only way our enemy will win u