Skip to main content

Keep on Sowing!

I thought I had another topic I wanted to share about something God spoke to me a few weeks ago. However, one thing I try to do is check-in to see if I should share that same topic or if there is another thing He wants to put on my heart. Typically, if I do not post right when He drops the message, then next time I check in it will be a different topic. The moral of the story is that God gives us words for each season of life. His word is active, living, and applicable in every stage of our lives. 

A few minutes ago, I sat and waited for Him to give me an updated topic. I waited and I heard "Rain". Because I didn't want to go off on my own tangent about rain, I first searched what scripture says about it.  As I looked for verses related to rain, this one jumped out at me " 12 Sow righteousness for yourselves, reap the fruit of unfailing love, and break up your unplowed ground; for it is time to seek the LORD, until he comes and showers his righteousness on you" Hosea 10:12

If you are ever weary of doing good, lack patience with people around you, or struggle with extending God’s love to those that don’t want anything to do with you or Him, the story of Hosea is a good one to read! In short, the Lord directed Hosea to marry a promiscuous woman with a horrible reputation. Despite what people would have suggested, he went ahead to marry her and start a family. He continued to pour love over his wife when one day she up and left him. Even then, instead of leaving her and moving on, God asked him to pursue and bring her back home. The story is very intriguing, go read the full story! What God was/is teaching us through the story of Hosea and Gomer is that He will never stop pursuing us. He will never stop loving us. He will continue to care for us despite where we were or still are.  

You must be thinking what does this have to do with rain? I thought the same thing until I read about the agricultural cycle. Because I am not an expert in agriculture and I don't want to give you the wrong information I will not overshare. The main thing I got out of it is an annual process with multiple steps associated with it. One important thing to highlight however is the seeding process.  The seeding process is highly dependant on the seed and the soil it is planted in. Another thing to note is that although the agricultural cycle has so many controllable steps, there are external factors that impact the harvest; mainly, RAIN! 

My friend, you might be at a place where you have poured out, sowed, loved on, encouraged, given all you think to give, and yet you have not seen the harvest. You might be feeling like you have done 3 rounds of the agricultural cycle without seeing a single harvest. I want to encourage you today that the harvest is coming! You will reap what you have sown because God says so! (See: Galatians 6:7-8) All you are expected to do is to be faithful in sowing righteousness for yourself, continuing to love on others, and not growing weary of doing good. 

I can almost hear you saying "Easier Said than Done!" I feel you, my friend, YOU ARE NOT ALONE. However, I find comfort in knowing that God knows we are not able to do this on our own. He has proactively provided us with the tool to live and love in this way. The tool is a person and has a name. He is one of the members of the trinity. He is the Holy Spirit. The spirit of Jesus Himself! He is here with and in us to help us navigate this life. To guide us to do what we are called to do and to become who we are created to be! 

The provision, the rain, the help, for us to continue to do what God calls us to do found in the Holy Spirit. The flip side, in God's timing, God's rain will water, nurture, and grow the seeds that you have been sowing. What you sowed in faith will be watered and you will see it grow and get ready for harvest!

So friend, go out there and be bold in loving others. Be courageous in doing good. Stand firm while you wait on the harvest because it is coming! 

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up" Galatians 6:9


Stay Blessed<3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon by Jentezen Franklin: Refuse to Pretend

Be a Contender not a Pretender!  1) The time Jacob labored to get Rachel was nothing to him because of how much he loved her. Similarly when you love God all the sacrifices you make are nothing..if you truly love Him that is! "So Jacob served seven years to get Rachel, but they seemed like only a few days to him because of his love for her." Genesis 29:20 Rachel is his first Love..She is representation of Jesus and His Love where as Leah is the  substitute ..not the real one. Rachel is the one where as Leah is the second option..not the best! Leah is Religion where as Rachel is Relationship with Christ Leah is Survival where as Rachel is Revival 2) Do not be Pretenders but Contenders "Dear friends,  although I was very eager to write to you about the salvation we share,  I felt compelled to write and urge you to contend  for the faith  that was once for all entrusted to God’s holy people."Jude 1:3 Do not be like people who come to church

Video of the Week : Holding on to You

"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful." Hebrews 10:23  Teach me until I am broken no more, feed me until am hungry no more! I am Holding on to You!! Today I encourage you to hold on to Him, the Faithful one who won't let go of you even if you let go of Him! Hold on to the one who has you in His hands, to the one who numbered every stand of hair and all of your days!! I have seen His miracles in times of my storm by just choosing to Hold on to Him!!! Stay Blessed<3

Sermon by Jentezen Franklin: The Way of the Eagle

God will Fly Faster than you will fall..Then He will catch you! Qualities of an Eagle..we should have these things as Christians 1) An Eagle has Great Vision: It is easy to get lost without a vision 2)  An Eagle feasts only on Living things: We are alive in Christ, we do not need the dead things of our past 3) An Eagle is Faithful : We should be faithful in our relationship with our mates, friends, families and most of all in our relationship with God! When Does an Eagle Soar to the sky with its eyes set on the sun? 1) When a storm is approaching The Eagle sets its eyes on the heaven above as a storm approaches. We need to set our Gaze on Christ when storms come our way. "Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things." Colossians 3:2 2) When its enemy approaches The Condor is Eagle's enemy and it knows the only way it can win is if the Eagle stays down (when the Eagle doesn't soar to the sky) The only way our enemy will win u