Skip to main content

A love Relationship

Happy new month friends! I am so sorry for the delayed post. I was also so determined to do a post during my birthday month (February) but it did not happen. 

I don't know if I have publicly confessed this before so here goes...I Do Not Love Cooking! Phew! I feel lighter having gotten that off my chest, lol :) Ironically though, I love serving and feeding people. I especially love when I make something for Mr. Hubby-to-be. I particularly love it when he enjoys the meal I made for him. The thing is, the love I have for him outweighs the passionate dislike I have for cooking. In that same notion, he is not much of a movie person but he endures through extremely cheesy movies because he knows it is something I truly enjoy. The thing is, not only do we do these things, we forget that we are not huge fans of the aforementioned things because of the love for one another. It becomes second nature when our focus is love. 

These past few weeks I have been listening to sermons with emphasis on miracles of healing and various spiritual gifts. One of the people I have been listening to is an evangelist called Todd White. He has an amazing testimony. If you haven't heard of him or watched his testimony yet, follow this LINK. One of the things that really stuck with me is how Todd describes all of the miracles that happen through him as "Lifestyle Christianity". Wow!! But isn't it so true? I mean look at the book of Acts! 

I don't know if you can relate but I get stuck or hung up on the logistics when the topic of giftings comes up. For the longest time, I equated gifts with rewards. You see, gifts are things that are freely given but rewards are things earned. My understanding of spiritual gifts was cleared up as the Lord continues to teach me about them. Similar to what Todd said in one of his sermons, I read this book that talked about spiritual gifts and the measure in which you step out in them. The writer explained that these gifts are born out of the love relationship and intimate communion you have with the Holy Spirit. 

The more I get to know my hubby to be the more I learn what he loves and hates. The more I know what he loves the more I can do things, out of love, that makes him happy. Similarly,  the more I have an intimate relationship with the Holy Spirit, the more I know the Lord and His character. The more I spend time with Him, the more I am transformed into the likeness of Jesus Christ. Knowing this, I should never be shocked or surprised when a miracle of healing flows through fellow believers or myself. Why am I so sure? Because Jesus said, "12 Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these because I am going to the Father." John 14:12.  The cool thing is that this was displayed in Acts 5, "As a result, people brought the sick into the streets and laid them on beds and mats so that at least Peter's shadow might fall on some of them as he passed by." Can you imagine God using you like that? People getting healed by your shadow? I can! I can because I know this healing/miracle is not because of my ability but because of His nature. His desire that none should perish. It also aligns with the reality of Heaven, there is no sickness in there! 

Are you one who hungers to be used like that? Or are you skeptical about spiritual gifts? My encouragement to you, and I is to take time out of your day to spend it with the Lord. Not as something you need to do because you are a Christian, but as a child needing to spend time with his/her heavenly father. I am so certain that the more we spend time with Him the more we think of walking out in the supernatural as a natural thing. This is because of our identity and our position in Christ Jesus will become more clear to us in spending time with Him.  As children of the Highest King, God, we are empowered by the Holy Spirit to bring pieces of heaven down to earth through miracles. I want to close by sharing a quote, by Bill Johnson, that inspires me so much, " Your shadow will release whatever overshadows you!"

The end of all things is near. Therefore be alert and of sober mind so that you may pray. Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. 10 Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. 11 If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power forever and ever. Amen.

Please note that even though I focused on the gift of healing, there so many more gifts of the spirit, see 1 Corinthians 12

Stay Blessed<3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon by Jentezen Franklin: Refuse to Pretend

Be a Contender not a Pretender!  1) The time Jacob labored to get Rachel was nothing to him because of how much he loved her. Similarly when you love God all the sacrifices you make are nothing..if you truly love Him that is! "So Jacob served seven years to get Rachel, but they seemed like only a few days to him because of his love for her." Genesis 29:20 Rachel is his first Love..She is representation of Jesus and His Love where as Leah is the  substitute ..not the real one. Rachel is the one where as Leah is the second option..not the best! Leah is Religion where as Rachel is Relationship with Christ Leah is Survival where as Rachel is Revival 2) Do not be Pretenders but Contenders "Dear friends,  although I was very eager to write to you about the salvation we share,  I felt compelled to write and urge you to contend  for the faith  that was once for all entrusted to God’s holy people."Jude 1:3 Do not be like people who come to church

Video of the Week : Holding on to You

"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful." Hebrews 10:23  Teach me until I am broken no more, feed me until am hungry no more! I am Holding on to You!! Today I encourage you to hold on to Him, the Faithful one who won't let go of you even if you let go of Him! Hold on to the one who has you in His hands, to the one who numbered every stand of hair and all of your days!! I have seen His miracles in times of my storm by just choosing to Hold on to Him!!! Stay Blessed<3

Sermon by Jentezen Franklin: The Way of the Eagle

God will Fly Faster than you will fall..Then He will catch you! Qualities of an Eagle..we should have these things as Christians 1) An Eagle has Great Vision: It is easy to get lost without a vision 2)  An Eagle feasts only on Living things: We are alive in Christ, we do not need the dead things of our past 3) An Eagle is Faithful : We should be faithful in our relationship with our mates, friends, families and most of all in our relationship with God! When Does an Eagle Soar to the sky with its eyes set on the sun? 1) When a storm is approaching The Eagle sets its eyes on the heaven above as a storm approaches. We need to set our Gaze on Christ when storms come our way. "Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things." Colossians 3:2 2) When its enemy approaches The Condor is Eagle's enemy and it knows the only way it can win is if the Eagle stays down (when the Eagle doesn't soar to the sky) The only way our enemy will win u