Skip to main content

Still Moving ...

I failed a drivers' test yesterday! Don't laugh too hard because the wound is still fresh. However, my man and people I know can attest to the fact that I am a safe, good, and law-abiding driver, I promise! 

The invigilator sat down with me to go over some of the things I did wrong. First, he started easy and told me the things I did well. Then, he continued to tell me some areas of improvements. He sighed,  and then continued to the actual things that made me fail. He said that I had rolled through a couple of stops and that there were couple of times when I drove above the maximum speed limit. Woah Woah Woah, What? In real life, I police how my loved ones drive. I question their speed and even ask "what kind of stop is that?" You can ask my man he will not be shy to tell you that I am his "little helper in the car!" To understand that comment, you have to watch one of Tim Hawkin's stand-up comedies. 

Few days prior, I was so nervous about my parallel parking that I practiced just that. I was still scared to parallel park and I asked for prayer for that piece of the exam. I think the minute I did the parallel parking well, my driving got worse because I wasn't worried about everything else. However, what made me fail the exam are the things that I underestimated or took for granted. 

There are so many things we learn as we first get saved. One of the main things is that God loves us so much that He gave His only son to die on the cross for our sins (John 3:16); that we are new creations in Christ Jesus (2 Corinthians 5:17), that there is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus (1 Corinthians 5:17), that we should not forsake gathering in the fellowship of believers (Hebrews 10:25). When we are first born again, we are well acquainted with approaching the through of grace and mercy with full confidence (Hebrews 4:16). We for sure know to hold on to His promises of good hope and future  (Jeremiah 29:11). What happens then? 

I believe sometimes in our walks as "Mature Christians" we forget the basics we learned as "Baby Christians". These truths are the foundations to our faith. In the midst of serving, operating in gifts of the spirit, and growing, we forget the simple gospel. He first loved us (1 John 4:19)! That we should cast our worries/cares on Him because He cares for us (1 Peter 5:7)! That He has loved us with an everlasting Love (Jeremiah 31:3)! That He will never leave nor forsake us(Deuteronomy 31:6)! 

Had I not neglected the basic rules whilst focusing on slightly more advanced driving techniques, I would have been sitting here with an advanced license! Although it is not an apples to apples comparison, we can follow the same train of thought. What will I do differently next time I take drivers' test?  

I will be intentional in reminding myself to stop at STOP Sign and count Mississippi 1 - Mississippi 2 -Mississippi 3 - before I drive off again. I will be sure to check my speedometer and catch myself before I drive faster than the speed limit! Are you following?  

We need to make sure we take time to listen to the lord's reminder of His love for us. We need to watch out for the little miracles everyday. We definitely need to remind ourselves why He chose the cross. We also need to remember that we will not attain perfection until we see Him face to face. We need to know that our race is not done yet! We need to be fast to repent and bold enough to get back up and chase after Him! I will leave you with this word of encouragement from the Apostle Paul:  " 13 Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:13-14 

Stay Blessed<3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just Jaded!

I hope you and your loved ones are safe in these crazy times. If any tragedy has come to your home, I pray God's peace and love envelops you right where you are. I pray that you rely on His unending love, mercy, grace, and strength in this time of hardship... I am, like most people, feeling very jaded. I have experienced more highs and lows in such intense frequencies now than any other time I can remember. I believe this is why the Lord has me sharing this... I had planned to write about loving people and what it looks like in different seasons. However, I felt a nudge that I should be sharing about the hope I have despite feeling jaded. To make sure we are on the same page about what I mean when I say jaded, here are two definitions from Merriam Webster's dictionary:  1: fatigued by overwork: EXHAUSTED  2: made dull, apathetic, or cynical by experience or by having or seeing too much of something I can identify with both definitions. In this season, I fin...

Sermon by Jentezen Franklin: The Way of the Eagle

God will Fly Faster than you will fall..Then He will catch you! Qualities of an Eagle..we should have these things as Christians 1) An Eagle has Great Vision: It is easy to get lost without a vision 2)  An Eagle feasts only on Living things: We are alive in Christ, we do not need the dead things of our past 3) An Eagle is Faithful : We should be faithful in our relationship with our mates, friends, families and most of all in our relationship with God! When Does an Eagle Soar to the sky with its eyes set on the sun? 1) When a storm is approaching The Eagle sets its eyes on the heaven above as a storm approaches. We need to set our Gaze on Christ when storms come our way. "Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things." Colossians 3:2 2) When its enemy approaches The Condor is Eagle's enemy and it knows the only way it can win is if the Eagle stays down (when the Eagle doesn't soar to the sky) The only way our enemy will win u...

Sermon by Jentezen Franklin: The Power of Doing More than Expected

Even Jesus went a little farther...He did more than expected! Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.” Matthew 26:39 1) Jacob was working for his unfair father-in-law...and still did more than expected   Genesis 29 Jacob was tricked by his father-in-law Laban. But he never sinned against Laban and he always did more than what was expected from him! 2) Who did Jacob learn it from..doing more than expected? From his mother Rebekah "17  The servant hurried to meet her and said, “Please give me a little water from your jar.” 18  “Drink, my lord,” she said, and quickly lowered the jar to her hands and gave him a drink. 19  After she had given him a drink, she said, “I’ll draw water for your camels too, until they have had enough to drink.” 20  So she quickly emptied her jar into the trough, ran back to the we...