Skip to main content

Praying - Thinking - Processing in time of Mourning

Dear Friends,

It has been a while since I posted. I was looking through my posts and the last one was in November. Remember when I posted about being religious even in my blogging? Well this ladies and gentle men is the extreme opposite, also very unhealthy. I have called it #GraceAbused ...I will probably have a separate post on that...not probably, I will post about that!

This past week death came to our family and took my young cousin who had much life left for her to live. She left us and her husband and her beautiful daughter behind. This was such a wake up call to me, that we indeed live in tents ...earth is meant to be a tent never a home.

The shock, pain and hurt remains...but also He remains faithful. I saw the importance in setting our eyes and hearts on Him in this time of grief. As I was/am praying  - thinking - processing through what happened couple of things came to mind. I wanted to share this just in case you are reading this and you lost a loved one and you are wondering where God was/is in that..

Don't cry too much you will make God sad/angry -  I don't know how your culture deals with death but being Ethiopian I have been told this so many times. Until now I have taken this advice...but now I am asking, really?

You see that statement makes God seem like a vengeful, angry, detached, and unloving father. Is He? No He isn't. He is a father who understands our pain. Jesus came and dwelt among us for 33 years, He was fully human when He was on earth. How can we think He doesn't understand??

"32 When Mary reached the place where Jesus was and saw him, she fell at his feet and said, “Lord, if you had been here, my brother would not have died.”
33 When Jesus saw her weeping, and the Jews who had come along with her also weeping, He was deeply moved in spirit and troubled34 “Where have you laid him?” he asked.
“Come and see, Lord,” they replied.
35 Jesus wept.
36 Then the Jews said, “See how he loved him!”" John 11:32 - 36
It was God's will -  I don't know about you but I have heard this way too many times! In the past and even now people tell me it was God's will that my 26 year old cousin left her not even two year old daughter behind. I don't know about you but that is not the God I know and I serve! 
I guess a good question to ask is - if death was God's will why did Jesus pray to raise Lazarus from the dead? Does that mean Jesus - the Son - one of the members of the Trinity and God - the Father -one of the members of the Trinity have opposing views on life and death?
Or when Christ Himself was raised from the dead by the Holy Spirit - Does that mean the Holy Spirit and the Son are ganging up against the Father?
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16
You see even God - the Father only wanted life - eternal life for us. In His original design He created us to live forever - death was not part of plan. 
I guess what I am saying is claiming that every death and every sickness is God's will is painting a picture of a God who is an author of Evil. He is a good good father. 
"Why would God raise something up to be His will that He empowers you to pray against?" Bill Johnson  - Watch this short sermon  
I pray that you have been able to hear my heart in this. If you are out there and you lost a loved one I am right there with you. I want you to know that feeling pain is human, crying is human , but please allow Him to heal you, allow Him to show you what His original plan was/is. 
As hard and as painful as this time is I do not want you to be misinformed. I also want for you, for my family and I to grieve properly. 
After all we are clay before Him, He is the potter and only He can fix what is broken. 
May God be your strength. May you experience the power of the Holy Spirit and His ability to comfort in a way you have never before. 
Love you,
God Loves you.

Stay Blessed<3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon by Jentezen Franklin: Refuse to Pretend

Be a Contender not a Pretender!  1) The time Jacob labored to get Rachel was nothing to him because of how much he loved her. Similarly when you love God all the sacrifices you make are nothing..if you truly love Him that is! "So Jacob served seven years to get Rachel, but they seemed like only a few days to him because of his love for her." Genesis 29:20 Rachel is his first Love..She is representation of Jesus and His Love where as Leah is the  substitute ..not the real one. Rachel is the one where as Leah is the second option..not the best! Leah is Religion where as Rachel is Relationship with Christ Leah is Survival where as Rachel is Revival 2) Do not be Pretenders but Contenders "Dear friends,  although I was very eager to write to you about the salvation we share,  I felt compelled to write and urge you to contend  for the faith  that was once for all entrusted to God’s holy people."Jude 1:3 Do not be like people who come to church

Video of the Week : Holding on to You

"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful." Hebrews 10:23  Teach me until I am broken no more, feed me until am hungry no more! I am Holding on to You!! Today I encourage you to hold on to Him, the Faithful one who won't let go of you even if you let go of Him! Hold on to the one who has you in His hands, to the one who numbered every stand of hair and all of your days!! I have seen His miracles in times of my storm by just choosing to Hold on to Him!!! Stay Blessed<3

Sermon by Jentezen Franklin: The Way of the Eagle

God will Fly Faster than you will fall..Then He will catch you! Qualities of an Eagle..we should have these things as Christians 1) An Eagle has Great Vision: It is easy to get lost without a vision 2)  An Eagle feasts only on Living things: We are alive in Christ, we do not need the dead things of our past 3) An Eagle is Faithful : We should be faithful in our relationship with our mates, friends, families and most of all in our relationship with God! When Does an Eagle Soar to the sky with its eyes set on the sun? 1) When a storm is approaching The Eagle sets its eyes on the heaven above as a storm approaches. We need to set our Gaze on Christ when storms come our way. "Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things." Colossians 3:2 2) When its enemy approaches The Condor is Eagle's enemy and it knows the only way it can win is if the Eagle stays down (when the Eagle doesn't soar to the sky) The only way our enemy will win u