Skip to main content

Healing; A Journey to Wholeness

 

Well, Fam, this was written halfway for a post in October and I was thinking about how to finish it off. And then I thought I will finish it up at the beginning of November and then post another one at the end of the month. Spoiler alert, it didn't happen! I sure hope you are keeping well though. I am also in awe that we are already at the end of November! To say 2020 flew by is the understatement of the century. 

Healing had been a topic on my heart to post about for a while. However, I felt like it was such a broad topic. I further considered how little I know about the topic. Nonetheless, if it was important enough to be mentioned both in the Old and New Testaments, then it is a topic worth exploring. If you are like me, the first thing that comes to mind when you hear of healing is in the obvious context of physical restoration. That said, in looking into this topic I have since learned that healing seldom refers to just physical restoration. I knew this was one to pull out my Concordance and Dictionary for. In looking through both I found various aspects of healing. The most common theme however was to be "Made Whole".  The one specific definition that caught my attention was the word "Iasis". This is one of the Greek translations of healing which emphasizes the process of it. That started a train of thought that led to this post. 

Please know that I believe people can get healed instantaneously as we see so many times in the bible. In that same token, I also believe very much in the process of healing. Until recently I never really thought about the health of one's soul. I love how 3 John 1:2 describes God's heart towards us; "Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.."  

What does it really look like to have a soul that is getting along well or that is doing fine? What is even my soul? I have heard it explained that the soul is who you are. It is a compilation of your thoughts, beliefs, emotions, what makes you, you! So then how does a person with a healed or restored soul look like? Is that you? If not, not to worry, there is healing. I beileve that God knew that we would need healing for our souls as much as, if not more than, our physical body. It amazes me how many tools we have available to us today. 

I am writing this post to encourage you to seek the help you need. I know counselling is a taboo topic in many cultures. However, I know so many amazing Christian Counselors that are walking with people on the journey to wholeness. I also know some people who conduct Sozo sessions. If you still feel like these things are way too out there for you, then try this from the comfort of your home:

1) Talk to Jesus about that hurt that keeps you up at night

2) Ask Him all of the tough questions. He is not scared of your questions

3) Allow Jesus to walk with you to that memory or that place that has kept you stuck, only visit it with Him

4) Forgive if there is unforgiveness, even towards yourself

5) Tell Jesus about the incident and how it has impacted you 

6) Tell Jesus you trust Him to heal you from all of it and walk away from the scene with Him by your side

These steps are not like a baking recipe; you may add more or use less. However, it is to give you some guideline to follow. Please remeber healing can be a journey and be sure to give yourself grace as you deal with this whole thing. This exercise is so worth it! 

I Truly believe that He wants us to live a fully healed and freedom filled lives. 

Ephesians 3:12 In Him and through faith in Him we may approach God with freedom and confidence.

Psalm 119:45 I will walk about in freedom, for I have sought out your precepts.

Stay Blessed<3


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon by Jentezen Franklin: Refuse to Pretend

Be a Contender not a Pretender!  1) The time Jacob labored to get Rachel was nothing to him because of how much he loved her. Similarly when you love God all the sacrifices you make are nothing..if you truly love Him that is! "So Jacob served seven years to get Rachel, but they seemed like only a few days to him because of his love for her." Genesis 29:20 Rachel is his first Love..She is representation of Jesus and His Love where as Leah is the  substitute ..not the real one. Rachel is the one where as Leah is the second option..not the best! Leah is Religion where as Rachel is Relationship with Christ Leah is Survival where as Rachel is Revival 2) Do not be Pretenders but Contenders "Dear friends,  although I was very eager to write to you about the salvation we share,  I felt compelled to write and urge you to contend  for the faith  that was once for all entrusted to God’s holy people."Jude 1:3 Do not be like people who come to church

Video of the Week : Holding on to You

"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful." Hebrews 10:23  Teach me until I am broken no more, feed me until am hungry no more! I am Holding on to You!! Today I encourage you to hold on to Him, the Faithful one who won't let go of you even if you let go of Him! Hold on to the one who has you in His hands, to the one who numbered every stand of hair and all of your days!! I have seen His miracles in times of my storm by just choosing to Hold on to Him!!! Stay Blessed<3

Sermon by Jentezen Franklin: The Way of the Eagle

God will Fly Faster than you will fall..Then He will catch you! Qualities of an Eagle..we should have these things as Christians 1) An Eagle has Great Vision: It is easy to get lost without a vision 2)  An Eagle feasts only on Living things: We are alive in Christ, we do not need the dead things of our past 3) An Eagle is Faithful : We should be faithful in our relationship with our mates, friends, families and most of all in our relationship with God! When Does an Eagle Soar to the sky with its eyes set on the sun? 1) When a storm is approaching The Eagle sets its eyes on the heaven above as a storm approaches. We need to set our Gaze on Christ when storms come our way. "Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things." Colossians 3:2 2) When its enemy approaches The Condor is Eagle's enemy and it knows the only way it can win is if the Eagle stays down (when the Eagle doesn't soar to the sky) The only way our enemy will win u