Skip to main content

He is a Better Planner!

I did not mean to take the whole summer off from blogging it just so happen to be that way. Partly due to the numerous things that were changing in my life but more so due to lack of better planning/ time blocking. One of the highlights of my summer was becoming a Mrs. I never knew the weight the pre-fix would carry until I heard someone address me as such. I don't know about you but the Amharic word is, even more, weightier, "ወይዘሮ/weyizero"!. That was one of my life updates. Now that I said that, let's get to the meat and potatoes of my post...

I have said before that I am a recovering perfectionist. Today, I stand before you confirming that statement still rings true in my life. I confess, somedays, I face some battles as if I had never before and get frustrated because I haven't gotten perfect at not being a perfectionist! You see the irony...
 
Tracing back where my want/need to be perfectionist came from, I was surprised to find out that it was linked to my Godgiven administrative gifting. Hear me, what I am not saying is that God is a giver of bad gifts. He gives only good and perfect gifts! However, I wanted to share with you how an area of strength that God meant for good can sometimes be twisted by the enemy for evil. You see, I love being organized, planning, scheduling, booking, etc... However, in days that I let worry and anxiety get a hold of me, the blessing of God turns into a thorn in my flesh. Instead of working with the administrative gifting God has given me, I strive to meet the unrealistic goals that I set for myself. Now, I have also realized there is a fine line between recognizing how unrealistic your goals are and being outright lazy! 

Have you ever taken the time to study yourself and recognize the things that come "naturally" to you? Or how people always call on you for help in one specific area? I believe all of us have God-given gifts that we can operate out of. As I mentioned above, mine is on the administrative side of things. Neither one is helpful...

My husband and everyone involved with our wedding can attest to the fact that I love love love my timelines. In fact, the one thing about the timelines that would make me happier is seeing them followed to the T! Yup, I am that person! Looking back, I can remember a conversation I had with my friend that could further prove my point. I think it was when I was around 21 or 22 years old, I remember a friend of mine asking me where I would see myself in 5 years. Part of my reply was, "I will be married with 1 and a half kids!" That did not happen! My timeline for my life was way off!  

For that, I thank God. Had God left it up to me, I would have been married to the wrong person for the sake of keeping to my timelines. But God in His divine mercy, wisdom, and grace allowed me to watch my plans fail. While I didn't fully understand why I haven't married all those years ago and why I don't have a kid and half by now looking back, I can't help but Thank God for His timing. I can't help but be filled with joy that I just got married 2 months ago! 4 years later than I had wanted to but to the one God had meant for me.  

You see even in my love for planning, I need to recognize that my plans come second to the ones that my heavenly daddy has for me. I need to always be willing to choose His ways over my own. Easier said than done! However, allowing God to take over, I have seen even better things than I could have ever planned to happen in my life. 

Why do I tell you all this??? 

I want to encourage you that your gifts have been placed in you by God Himself. But when it comes to choosing between what He has for you Vs. what you have planned for yourself, please pick His! Please choose His ways. Please trust Him more than your own abilities. In my not too long years being on this earth and even shorter years walking with the Lord, I have never seen Him failing me. So, my brothers and sisters, today's post is to simply implore you to listen to His still small voice over the loud noises in and around you! 

"5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight" Proverbs 3:5-6

Stay Blessed<3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon by Jentezen Franklin: Refuse to Pretend

Be a Contender not a Pretender!  1) The time Jacob labored to get Rachel was nothing to him because of how much he loved her. Similarly when you love God all the sacrifices you make are nothing..if you truly love Him that is! "So Jacob served seven years to get Rachel, but they seemed like only a few days to him because of his love for her." Genesis 29:20 Rachel is his first Love..She is representation of Jesus and His Love where as Leah is the  substitute ..not the real one. Rachel is the one where as Leah is the second option..not the best! Leah is Religion where as Rachel is Relationship with Christ Leah is Survival where as Rachel is Revival 2) Do not be Pretenders but Contenders "Dear friends,  although I was very eager to write to you about the salvation we share,  I felt compelled to write and urge you to contend  for the faith  that was once for all entrusted to God’s holy people."Jude 1:3 Do not be like people who come to church

Video of the Week : Holding on to You

"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful." Hebrews 10:23  Teach me until I am broken no more, feed me until am hungry no more! I am Holding on to You!! Today I encourage you to hold on to Him, the Faithful one who won't let go of you even if you let go of Him! Hold on to the one who has you in His hands, to the one who numbered every stand of hair and all of your days!! I have seen His miracles in times of my storm by just choosing to Hold on to Him!!! Stay Blessed<3

Sermon by Jentezen Franklin: The Way of the Eagle

God will Fly Faster than you will fall..Then He will catch you! Qualities of an Eagle..we should have these things as Christians 1) An Eagle has Great Vision: It is easy to get lost without a vision 2)  An Eagle feasts only on Living things: We are alive in Christ, we do not need the dead things of our past 3) An Eagle is Faithful : We should be faithful in our relationship with our mates, friends, families and most of all in our relationship with God! When Does an Eagle Soar to the sky with its eyes set on the sun? 1) When a storm is approaching The Eagle sets its eyes on the heaven above as a storm approaches. We need to set our Gaze on Christ when storms come our way. "Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things." Colossians 3:2 2) When its enemy approaches The Condor is Eagle's enemy and it knows the only way it can win is if the Eagle stays down (when the Eagle doesn't soar to the sky) The only way our enemy will win u